Friday, January 23, 2009

Depression

Here is your task: think about life. Are you depressed yet? How is it that when I think about my life for more than five minutes self awareness turns to self pity? You start to think about the choices you have made thus far, and realize that the choice you have made is only a meer stab in the dark. Are you actually doing the right thing? Are you sure that this choice will lead you to success? How am I sure that the ounces of support that have driven me so far aren't derived from people's kindness, opposed to the truth? I sit here and think about what the future holds and all that comes to mind is, what if. What if? Where does this lead me? I sometimes feel trapped by my choices. There is no doubt that I love the choices I have made, and I can see myself doing it for the rest of my life, but maybe there is something out there that I should be doing. Something that would have lead me to greatness. What if? What if I find myself years down the line standing in front of a brick wall? What if this maze I have chosen to enter has no exit? Hey, that's life. You must acquire a love for the things that announced themselves to your interests and talent. All I can do is keep my mind running on the open path ahead of me, whispering to myself, you have made the perfect decision.

1 comment: